The Great Expectation of your email is an inbox filter supports its users "Great Expectation" of personalized and conscience to not feel overwhelmed with unwanted email landing in their inbox.
So, are you making sure your marketing outreach is NOT considered JUNK?
Here are a few things to consider or improve with your email program:
1. Be Conscientious of the Frequency of Your Email - the frequency and volume of emails that you send to your subscribers should honor their preferences and follow any expectations you have set. Keep an eye on your delivery and engagement metrics and adjust your email sending frequency if you notice a dip in engagement.
2. Optimize Your Signup Flow - make sure that your sign up process is crystal clear and explains the frequency and types of content they will receive if they sign up for your email list.
3. Provide Personalized Message Content - make sure you have segmented your email list so that you can provide relevant content for your users. For example, consider segmenting your highest engaged users and test sending them additional emails.
4. Provide Comprehensive Unsubscribe/Preference Center Options - so that your recipients can customize their email experience to suit their expectations.
5. Avoid Spam Filters When Sending Emails - one out of four American business emails marked as email spam. Understand what your SPAM trigger words are in your subject line.
Keep digging into the elements above so you can be confident that you know what your users expectation (and their representative filters) want.